5 Things to do in November
From a museum event, a gun raffle, a big band and holiday events - November in Belmont County offers something for everyone.
1. Ladies Day at Museum - Nov. 2, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.: The National Imperial Glass Museum will be hosting a “Ladies’ Day at the Museum” on Saturday, November 2. Hours are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Ladies can get a jump start on Christmas shopping by visiting the craft and home business vendors who will be available. Come Join us at the Museum, 3200 Belmont Street, Bellaire, Ohio. Tour the museum and enjoy the refreshments, raffles and door prizes. Free admission for all ladies. For more information visit www.imperialglass.org.
2. Bethesda Gun Bash - Nov. 2, 4- 9 p.m. (doors open at 3:30 p.m.): The Second Annual Bash will be held on November 2 at the James E. Carnes Center, 45330 Roscoe Rd., St. Clairsville (Belmont County Fairgrounds).
This year there will be more guns, more games, more side raffles, and more chances to win.
All proceeds will be split between the Bethesda Fire Department and the Park District. The Fire Department will be putting the money toward the purchase of a new ladder truck and the Park will be using it for park upgrades such as fixing the parking lot and redoing the banks of the park lake. For more information, contact the fire department at 740-484-4355 or the city building at 740-484-1250.
3. Skyliner Presents Rory Partin & his Big Band Dinner/Dance Show - Nov. 9, 6 p.m.: The Skyliner (225 Main St., Bridgeport) is proud to announce the first in a series of live dinner dance shows with national recording artist Rory Partin and his Big Band! If you like Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble and Harry Connick Jr. you won't want to miss Rory Partin.
Reservations are required by calling 740-338-7902. The night will start with a fabulous prime rib dinner, followed by Rory and His Big Band, intermission and dessert then dance the night away with the second half of Partin's performance. VIP tables are available and include front stage tables and hors d' oeurves. Cost is $45 per person and $60 VIP.Tickets available on Eventbrite at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/skyliner-presents-rory-partin-and-his-big-band-tickets-71737172815
4. Christmas in the Village - Nov. 9, 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.: The 14th annual event is proud of its quality entertainment, craft and food vendors, breakfast with Santa Claus, train rides, blow ups for kids, and much more! This family friendly event takes place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. It has grown by leaps and bounds - like Santa's reindeer fly -and the 2019 version of Christmas in the Village of Powhatan promises to be bigger and better than ever before. For vendor info call Shannon at 404-455-7566. For more info about the festival visit www.christmasinthevillageofpowhatan.net or go to their Facebook page.
5. Holiday Kick Off Bash - Nov. 16, 5 p.m.: The Martins Ferry Chamber of Commerce will hold their first Holiday Kick Off Cash Bash on November 16 at the Martins Ferry Rec Center (500 Center St.). Doors will open at 5 p.m., with a buffet dinner served at 6 p.m. Cash prize drawings will start at 7:15 p.m., with a drawing every 15 minutes. The grand prize will be drawn at 10 p.m.. There will be crafters and vendors, 50/50 raffle, Chinese Auction and other activities throughout the evening. For more information, call the chamber at 740-633-2565.