The Black Horse Inn may be Morristown’s most famous landmark. Erected around 1807 as a smaller structure, additions came later along the years. It was the site of Duncan Morrison’s tavern and reputed to be part of the Underground Railroad during the Civil War. Before getting notoriety as the Black Horse Inn, it operated as the Horner House, Wright Hotel and Shriver Hotel.
203 Cross Street
Morristown, OH 43759